This Autism Awareness fabric is a part of our Greek Letters for a Cause fabric and apparel collection. When you purchase apparel from our Greek Letters for a Cause category 5% of the item purchase price is donated directly to the organization in which it supports.
This Greek Letters for a Cause Apparel donates 5% of the item purchase price to: Autism Speaks
Some facts about Autism
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates autism’s prevalence as 1 in 68 children in the United States. This includes 1 in 42 boys and 1 in 189 girls.
- An estimated 50,000 teens with autism become adults – and lose school-based autism services – each year.
- Around one third of people with autism remain nonverbal.
- Around one third of people with autism have an intellectual disability.
- Certain medical and mental health issues frequently accompany autism. They include gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, seizures, sleep disturbances, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety and phobias.